Progressive Needham General Election Endorsements
*POLLS HAVE CLOSED*
look for Needham’s election results at this link — updated thru-out Nov 4 night.
TUESDAY – NOVEMBER 4- GENERAL ELECTION
- FOR CAMPAIGN UPDATES and Volunteer Opportunities in Needham, check here: progressivemass.com/needhamvolunteer
- Download our 2014 General Election voter guide to take with you to the polls (or print some to share with friends!)
- click here to add Election Day to your google calendar!
Voting members of Progressive Needham have voted to endorse positions on the 4 important ballot questions, and in the open seats for statewide office and in the contested legislative seat representing Needham. Click links for more info:
- Ballot Question 1: NO. “gas tax indexing repeal” (eliminates funds for upkeep of bridges and roads)
- Ballot Quesiton 2: YES. “update the bottle bill” (expand the existing legislation include water and juice sports drink bottles on the existing .05$ deposit; categories of bottles unanticipated when the bill was first passed 30 years ago)
- Ballot Question 3: YES. “repeal the casino law” (keep casinos from coming to Massachusetts)
- Ballot 4: YES. “pass earned sick time” (give all workers the right to earn protected time off)
- Governor: Martha Coakley
- Lieutenant Governor Steve Kerrigan
- Attorney General: Maura Healey
- Treasurer: Deb Goldberg:
- State Senate (Needham Precincts A-C, I-J): Dylan Hayre
- Federal races: Ed Markey (US Sen.), Joe Kennedy (Congressman, MA-04)
- Special Note
Progressive Needham endorses:
- NO vote on Question 1;
- YES vote on the rest, Questions 2-4.
More on the ballot questions: progressivemass.com/ballotquestions
In these competitive races,
Martha Coakley for Governor
download: comparison Coakley (Democrat) vs Baker (Republican)
Steve Kerrigan for Lt. Gov.
download: comparison Kerrigan (Democrat) vs. Polito (Republican)
Maura Healey for Atty. General
Deb Goldberg for Treasurer
Dylan Hayre for State Senate*
also endorsed by the Needham Times!
*Precincts A-C, I-J only
In the federal offices, we recommend voting for re-election Senator Ed Markey and Congressman Joe Kennedy.
UPDATE 10/12: we have not received questionnaire responses from Rep Garlick or Sen. Rush. They are running unopposed.
[PREVIOUSLY:] As part of our ongoing effort to share information on hard-to-find positions of local legislators, we have requested Needham’s representatives in the General Court, Sen. Rush and Rep. Garlick, return the Progressive Mass questionnaire, after which we will review/vote whether to recommend them for re-election. Be in touch if you are interested in these results: email@example.com.
SHARE THIS PAGE: progressivemass.com/needham-endorsements
Make your voice heard –
vote, every time!
(remind friends and neighbors too!)
TUESDAY – 7AM-8PM – Polling Locations –
Precincts A, B – The Center at the Heights (The “New Senior Center”)
Precincts C, D – Newman School
Precincts E, H – Broadmeadow School
Precincts F, G – Needham High School
Precincts I, J – Mitchell School
Mark your calendar!
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 4
FOR THE GENERAL ELECTION
Get involved! Contact NeedhamGrassroots@massroots.org